Materrnity Session – Alena
Just wanted to share one of my all time favorite maternity sessions and a few tips on how to prepare for a maternity photo session. I’ve known this beautiful mama for a long time and was excited to take her maternity photos. The location we choose for this photo session was the Morgan Creek Golf Course as it offers a number of great backdrops within a close proximity. Today this beautiful mama has a healthy and sweet boy who I’ve had the privilege of photographing as well. Thank you for visiting and please continue reading if you are interested in how to prepare for your maternity photo session.
- The best time for a maternity photo shoot is between 7 and 8 months. You will be less exhausted and more comfortable as opposed to having the shoot in the last four weeks of pregnancy.
- Decide what type of shoot you want and share any ideas or poses you like with your photographer.
- Shop around for the perfect outfit that shows off your bump. Whether you wear a dress or jeans, here area few things to keep in mind when shopping for an outfit.
- Go with something timeless instead of trendy.
- Stick to solid colors but if you want to wear something edgy, go for textures such as lace, knit, etc.
- Don’t forget about undergarments. They make all the difference!
- Get your hair and makeup done professionally.
- Bring water and snacks!
- Relax and have fun!